From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 09:42:38 CST

Hi,
  Sure. MSMS is a molecular surface computation program written
by Michel Sanner at Scripps. VMD has built-in support for two
surface generation programs, "Surf" being one, and MSMS the other.
We obtained permission to distribute Surf with VMD, so it comes with
VMD out of the box. MSMS must be downloaded from Michel Sanner's web
site separately, but if you install it on your machine, VMD can use it
as an alternative to Surf.

Thanks,