From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 18:18:30 CST

Hi Paul,
  At the present time, VMD doesn't export clipping planes to
the external renderers. VMD _does_ have the ability to set user
defined clipping planes. This is documented in the manual in the
section about the "mol" commands. Look up "clipplane" and you'll
see what you're looking for. (I'd paste a URL but I'm ag home
writing over a text terminal presently)
It should be pretty easy to implement clipping planes for POV,
but Raster3D and many of the other external renderers don't really
implement clipping planes in a usable way. I should be able to add
them to Tachyon as well, but I haven't had the time yet.

Thanks,