From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 11:05:33 CDT

When you select an atom, the console displays the following information (sample
given):

Info) picked atom:
Info) ------------
Info) molecule id: 0
Info) trajectory frame: 0
Info) name: OD2
Info) type: OD2
Info) index: 709
Info) residue: 45
Info) resname: ASP
Info) resid: 46
Info) chain: A
Info) segname:
Info) x: 4.475000
Info) y: -13.262000
Info) z: 3.608000
Info) Added new Atoms label ASP46:OD2

Is the 'index' field what you are wanting, or are you looking for something else?

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics