From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 10:38:27 CDT

Renata,

I don't believe the InorganicBuilder plugin is included in the 1.8.6
distribution. It is available in the VMD Plugin Library:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/

It will also be included in the next release of VMD.

The version in the VMD Plugin Library is a little bit old. I will send
you an up-to-date version in another email. Its not a huge file, but
even so, I don't want to send it to everyone on the list.

Anyone else who is interested in trying out the plugin, feel free to
contact me. It provides tools for building up blocks of materials by
replicating small unit-cell PDB files, lets you cut pieces out of
those blocks to build a desired geometry, and also determine bonds
using distance-based searches.

Robert