From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 14:16:49 CST

Hi,
  For the atom selection, one possibility would be to do a distance
based atom selection, another would be to use any other properties of
the structure that you're aware of to select just the atoms in the
binding site, by index or residue range, chain, or any other useful fields
that would help you distinguish the atoms at the binding site from the rest.

In order to get MSMS to work, VMD needs to be able to find it in your
path. If it cannot, then another way is to set the environment variable
MSMSSERVER to the actual binary, i.e.:
  setenv MSMSSERVER /usr/local/bin/msms

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,