From: Johannes Müllegger (hannes_at_zymeworks.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 11:23:24 CDT

Sebastian,

        what we've been doing is to call xmgrace for writing eps files.
Perhaps not the most elegant solution but functional ....

'exec gracebat $filename.dat -hardcopy -hdevice EPS -printfile
$filename.eps'

You have to write out a file with your data, which gives you the
chance to add some xmgrace formatting, i.e:

     # write a xmgrace header for the file
     puts $out "@ page size 1200, 600"
     puts $out "@ g0 on"
     puts $out "@ with g0"
     puts $out "@ title \"TITLE HERE\""
     puts $out "@ subtitle \"SUBTITLE HERE\""
     puts $out "@ xaxis label \"X-Axis\""
     puts $out "@ yaxis label \"Y-Axis\""

hope that helps,

-h-

On 22-Jun-08, at 5:01 PM, Sebastian Stolzenberg wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In VMD Tcl mode, I know how to export a plot to xmgrace:
>
> $plothandle export xmgrace export.plot
>
> but how about to postscript?
>
> $plothandle export PostScript export.ps
>
> gives no errors, but also no export.ps.
>
> Thank you,
> Best,
> Sebastian

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.