From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2008 - 00:35:26 CDT

Hi,
  Many VMD features are added on an experimental basis, and aren't
officially documented until we consider them "finished", or otherwise
unchanging and available for the long term. There are also sometimes
commands (this one is actually the latter) that slip through the cracks
and don't get added through they should have been, just due to human
error.