From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 10:48:12 CDT

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Nuno Sousa Cerqueira wrote:

NSC> Hello,
NSC>
NSC> I am trying to create a new layer above a pdbfile to draw some stuff.
NSC> However when I draw things in the new layer, the scale is different from
NSC> the layer that contains the pdb file.

in principle it should be possible, but you have to synchonize
viewpoints and everything between the two (or more) "molecules"
you could try something like (see the save_state.tcl script):

set pdbmol 0
set drawmol 1

molinfo $drawmol set {center_matrix rotate_matrix scale_matrix global_matrix} \
  [molinfo $pdbmol get {center_matrix rotate_matrix scale_matrix global_matrix} ]

why not draw directly into the molecule containing the .pdb?

cheers,
   axel.