From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 23:42:40 CDT

Hi,
  If I correctly interpret your question, it would seem that you
want to load and display a reduced trajectory, along with a full system?
If that's what you want to do, the easiest way to do this would be to
load them into two independent molecules in VMD. You would then
be able to display the full system as well as animate the reduced
trajectory at the same time.