From: andrea spitaleri (spitaleri.andrea_at_hsr.it)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 07:33:24 CDT

Hi all,
this is a very easy question. I noticed that in my laptop bearing nvidia 8600 gsm (1280x800)
"vmd-windows" behaves differently depending on the SO. Under windows, the windows are okay whereas
under Linux when I start vmd, it opens with huge "OpenGL display" and "main window" taking the whole
screen. I need every time to resize it in order to work.
My xorg.conf is set to use 1280x800 resolution and from the log it is okay. I encountered similar
problem with gtk program (as gimp) but I overtaken installing gtk-qt engine (i am using slackware
with kde).
any help is very appreciated

thanks in advance

andrea

--
-------------------------------
Andrea Spitaleri PhD
Dulbecco Telethon Institute
c/o DIBIT Scientific Institute
Biomolecular NMR, 1B4
Via Olgettina 58
20132 Milano (Italy)
http://biomolecularnmr.ihsr.dom/
Tel: 0039-0226434348/5622/3497/4922
Fax: 0039-0226434153
Sostieni la ricerca del San Raffaele con il 5permille!
E' SEMPLICE E NON COSTA NULLA.
Basta indicare nell'apposito riquadro della dichiarazione dei
redditi ("Finanziamento agli enti della ricerca sanitaria")
il codice fiscale della
Fondazione Centro S. Raffaele del Monte Tabor:
03 06 42 80 153 e ricordarsi di firmare.
Se vuoi saperne di piu' scrivi a 5permille_at_hsr.it o vai sul sito
www.5xmille.org