From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 15:40:43 CST

Hi guys,
  Sorry for the delay, I'm still catching up on 200+ emails
I got in the last week while out of town (still out of town BTW).
You should be able to use the ASUS glasses with Windows, if you enable
stereo in the video driver settings. If you don't have a feature toggle
for stereo in your driver, you may have to go to the ASUS web site to
get a driver that supports the ASUS card's output. I don't think that
the regular NVidia reference drivers know how to drive the ASUS output,
so I believe you'll have to have an ASUS driver in this case. You'll
be able to tell if VMD finds the ASUS stereo feature at startup because
VMD will list "STEREO" in the renderer extensions string list.
Typically, Windows machines require that you set the resolution to
some medium range mode like 1280x1024 or 1024x768, particularly if your
monitor can only handle the high vertical retrace rate when running
at medium res. You may be looking for a "1280x1024 120Hz" mode if one
is listed. Also look for modes with refresh rates of 96Hz or higher.
If you need more help getting it working, let me know, I may have some
other suggestions once I get back into town.

Thanks,