From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 10:28:10 CDT

Hi,
  Which quadro card is it? Some are perfectly adequate, others
are not really meant for 3-D, and are meant more for use on
multi-screen stock market displays and the like. If it's a
"Quadro FX xxxx" then it's a 3-D oriented card, if it's a "Quadro NVS xxx",
then it's probably one of the 2-D oriented cards. If you've got
one of the 3-D cards, see the VMD Linux release notes for information
on using stereo.