From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2008 - 23:48:11 CDT

Peter,
  A quick google on "tcsh META_CLASS undefined" found me this, which
appears to be a likely solution to your problem:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-programming-scripting/108793-tcsh-prompt-returns-meta_class-undefined-variable.html

The answer in the second post down the page there seems to look
reasonable to me. That topic was from November 2007, so it's recent
enough to warrant have a look at it.