From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 12:53:13 CDT

Hi,
  I've never seen the sort of symptoms you describe. What software
are you using to play the resulting MPEG movie? Do you see this "jumpy"
behavior when you animate the trajectory within VMD itself, or is this
problem unique to the resulting MPEG movie? When you made the MPEG
movie, did you make sure to disable your screen saver so that nothing
was interfering with the VMD OpenGL rendering while the movie was
being recorded?