From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 21:26:46 CDT

Ben,
  STRIDE doesn't output any geometric data, it just assigns a
secondary structure "type" to each atom/residue. All of the
geometry that is displayed on the screen is computed internally
inside VMD. VMD interprets the secondary structure assignments
that STRIDE has made for each atom/residue and uses that information
when it builds the graphics/geometry for the display. The actual
triangles that compose the displayed structure can be exported
from VMD in various formats using the File->Render menu. If you
want the secondary structureh codes assigned to the atoms/residues
by STRIDE, you can get those using the atomselect command in VMD,
or you can run STRIDE for yourself and use your own software
to interpret its output.