From: Ignacio Fernández Galván (jellby_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 12:17:21 CDT

Hi all,

I have a Mandriva 2008 system, with an nVidia GeForce 8500 GT graphic
card. When I first installed this, some months ago, I remember I had
GLSL working in VMD (after some failed trials). Today, however, I
realize VMD reports GLSL is not available.

I don't remember having changed anything important in the system. Not
the nvidia drivers (version 100.14.19), but I update it regularly, so
maybe the X.org server or some library has changed.

Also, now glxinfo says "direct rendering: No", but 3D apps and games
seem to work fine, so I'm not sure it said "Yes" before...

Do you have any idea of what to try to solve this? Any similar
experience?

Thanks,
Ignacio

P.S. This is worse than I thought. I've just updated the kernel and
rebooted the system. Now some volume density files that were working
fine just a week ago (and with correct transparency with GLSL and
everything) look plain broken, with triangles all around. What has
happened? :(

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/