From: Christopher Stiles (CS145331_at_albany.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 10:59:50 CDT

Thank you Axel!

All the jobs completed correctly, and each box is the swcnt plus 1nm of
padding (ie if you take the x,y,z dimensions of the swcnt and add 2nm you
get the box dimensions) and each box is filled w/ water so the larger the
nanotube the greater the number of atoms in the box.

>CS> So my question, is there a limitation on the data size that can be
>CS> read into the windows version of VMD? Or is there some other
>
>if i remember correctly, the windows version supports only up
>to 2GB of memory usage. but i don't use windows, so i don't know
>for sure. please check out the windows specific VMD release notes
>on the VMD homepage.

I just checked this out and it makes not mention of memory limitations

>CS> limitation that I am not aware of? I seems to me that the *.trr
>CS> files increase in size in proportionate amounts in relation to there
>CS> total number of atoms to contain equal amounts of frames.
>
>yes. .trr stores 12bytes per atom per frame (counting positions
>and velocities independendly).

Very good, this only makes sense, but it is good to know the actual size
thank you!

~Chris