From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 18:03:54 CDT

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Fred (Rui FENG) <fengruifree_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

fred,

> Does VMD or a plugin for VMD support to draw a velocity field diagram from
> the vel file generated by NAMD? That is, when I set the positions of the
> atoms or their indices, VMD will draw some arrows to show the velocity

not directly, but you could do this with some scripting. for example please
have a look at the 'draw vecfield' command script from
http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part7.html#chap9_sect1

if you combine this with components from the dipole vector monitoring
script from:
http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part3.html#chap5_sect2

you should be able to get what you want.

cheers,
   axel.