From: Giovanni Bellesia (gbellesia_at_chem.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 13:21:01 CST

Hi Axel,
thanks for your reply. I guess I have to give a few more details and
paste the short script I'm using.
The following is used to calculate the water oxygen-hydrogen radial
distribution fuction considering only the water
molecules within a distance of 10 angstroms from the protein.
I am interested in the number integral (third column in my output file)
since its value to 2.5 Angstroms gives an average of hydrogen bonds per
water molecule.
I ran this script for several distances and also for the entire system
(all the water molecules in my periodic box).
The value for the calculation over the entire system gives me a value
for the average number of Hbonds per molecule of 3.8 (@ 310K). The
experimental value @ 298K is 3.9 so I'm assuming that everything's fine
with my script at least in the case in which I'm considering the "whole"
water box.
The idea is that these numbers can give me a measure of how much my
small peptide is perturbating the water network.

set psf kffedimer-wb.psf
set dcd T1.dcd
mol load psf $psf dcd $dcd
set outfile1 [open gdr-OH-50.dat w]

        set sel1 [atomselect top "name OH2 and water and same residue as
within 5.0 of protein"]
        set sel2 [atomselect top "{name H1 or name H2} and water and
same residue as within 5.0 of protein"]

        set gr0 [measure gofr $sel1 $sel2 delta 0.1 rmax 10.0 usepbc 1
selupdate 1 first 0 last -1 step 1]
        set r [lindex $gr0 0]
        set gr [lindex $gr0 1]
        set igr [lindex $gr0 2]
        set isto [lindex $gr0 3]
        foreach j $r k $gr l $igr m $isto {
                puts $outfile1 [format "%.4f\t%.4f\t%.4f\t%.4f" $j $k $l $m]
        }
close $outfile1

exit