From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 12:31:35 CST

Hi,
  VMD is already using multiple processors for the most time
consuming calculations, however if you've written your own analysis
scripts, they may or may not be benefiting from this, depending on
what precisely you're actually doing. What sort of analysis are you
actually doing in your scripts? If you have an example script that's
taking a long time to run, I can give you some suggestions that will
improve performance.