From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 16:42:15 CST

Hi,
  If you're getting dots when you try displaying in VDW, I would
guess that your atoms got assigned a radius of 0.0. You can check
this for sure by doing this in the text console:
  set sel [atomselect top all]
  $sel get radius

If you get a list of zeroes, then that's what's going on. If not,
then I would be happy to examine your dump file and see what might be
happening there.