From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 15:55:50 CST

Hi Michel,
this dielectric constant works the same way as the NAMD dielectric
constant; ie, it is considered a continuum dielectric throughout the
*entire* system. There's no distinction between space occupied by solute
and anything else. This is primarily intended for some of the cg models
floating around the MDsphere; for almost any other simulation you'll be
wanting to keep this at 1.0.
Peter