From: Wesley Smith (wesley.hoke_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 23:25:14 CST

On Jan 24, 2008 9:10 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Wes,
> If you don't need anything other than VMD's plugin system, then really
> you don't need to compile VMD at all, and you can simply make a Lua binding
> for the VMD plugins themselves.

How would I do this? I want to keep the Molecule and Volume files in
the VMD source as well as the Plugin Manager class. I don't remember
exactly right now, but there seemed to be a whole setup and series of
dependencies such that I had found it easier to just bind the VMDApp
so that all of the details were taken care of for me. I had alot of
trouble building an OSX debug app (as noted in an earlier thread) so I
didn't get a chance to trace through the code paths with the debugger
to see what was really involved.

Thanks for the MS tips. I'll see what I can figure out. I'm not so
familiar with the MSVC/Cygwin combo.
best,
wes