From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 13:11:26 CST

Hi Marc,
  Interestingly enough, I have now reproduced this same problem
with a freshly built copy of Raster3D, but it does NOT occur in
the old version of Raster3D that I had installed and have been
testing VMD with up to this point. I will find out whether this is
just a flipped normal problem or something more difficult to solve and
let you guys know what is going on. In any case, it would appear that
the r3d scene files generated by VMD don't render right with the newest
version of Raster3D. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I can
probably fix this before VMD 1.8 is released, maybe even today if things
go well.

Thanks,