From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 12:33:38 CST

Hi,
  Some of you will note a burst in postings showing up today.
These are postings from people that were not correctly subscribed
to the mailing list. As an anti-spam measure, the VMD-L list will
silently block postings from non-subscribed email addresses. As a
act of goodwill and a favor to the new VMD-L readers that were previously
unaware of this policy, I just want through the 2,600 rejected postings
from the last 30 days and manually approved several of them which were
genuine VMD-L posts. Since I do not have time to sift through the
rejected postings due to tremendous rate of spam, I ask that VMD-L
members make sure to post to VMD-L from the email address that
they are officially subscribed with. For more information see
this page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/