From: Oliver Beckstein (orbeckst_at_jhmi.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 13:37:42 CST

Hello,

is there a way to obtain binaries for Mac OS X and Linux i686 that have
MAXATOMBONDS increased to, say, 30? I am (ab)using VMD for graph
plotting and some of my nodes simply don't behave like atoms although
I'd like to keep using atom-like representations instead of drawing
bonds as graphics objects because it makes it so much easier to change
colors, materials etc.

As I understand it, MAXATOMBONDS is defined to be 12 in Atom.h:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/doxygen/Atom_8h.html

I don't have the VMD source and as I understand it, it can be a bit
complicated compiling it, though I'd give it a shot if this is too much
work for the developers (which I would certainly understand).

Thanks,
Oliver

--
Oliver Beckstein * orbeckst_at_jhmi.edu
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine