From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 12:34:37 CST

Hi,
  Just FYI, I hope to eliminate the need for VideoMach in future versions
of the Windows version of VMD. We used VideoMach for compression initially
because it was one of the only tools out there, but there are other choices
now that are free and do as good of a job, so we'll be updating the movie
maker to support these other options...

Cheers,
  John