From: Arneh Babakhani (ababakha_at_mccammon.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 15:02:52 CST

Hi,

I'm trying to render a snapshot from the tcl console, and would like to
have it in a jpg or gif format (don't need high quality).

I'm trying to follow the example on p. 87 of the VMD manual, where it
suggests:

render snapshot MySnaphot convert %s eps:%s.ps

to get a snapshot in ps format. This works fine.

But how does one render to achieve a gif or jpg format? I tried to execute:

render snapshot MySnapshot convert %s jpg:%s.jpg

but the convert part doesn't work, nor for convert %s.gif:%s.gif . I
probably just have bad syntax, am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Arneh