From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 00:35:43 CST

Hi Paul,
  There's no way to retroactively add atoms to a molecule
in VMD presently. In order to build a combined structure from
two separate molecules, you'd need to use an external program or
else concatenate two PDB files (removing the END record of course)
if that would work for you. VMD has a pretty impenetrable wall
built up between molecules, they essentially share nothing, so until
we change the way that works there's not a built-in way to merge
them or built atom selections across multiple molecules, etc.

Thanks,