From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 00:35:09 CST

Hi,
  The existing versions of VMD for Windows are all standard 32-bit builds,
and so the maximum amount of physical memory they can access is limited
to 2GB or less. As the timeline plugin only operates on trajectory data
that's loaded into memory, there's not a convenient way to use it with
trajectories that are far too large to fit into memory. My suggestion
would be to use the timeline plugin on a subset of your data at a time,
either by skipping frames during loading (use the start/end/step) controls
in the molecule file loading window, or by loading only some of your files
at a time. Let us know if you need help with this.