From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 14:52:15 CST

Hi,

I was trying to use VMD in order to generate some POV objects/scenes for
a given protein. I noticed that if you just load a protein and directly
generate a povray file for one given atom (by restricting the selection to
it), the coordinates for the location of the povray object (eg a sphere)
are different from the coordinates of that atom in the PDB file.

Is it possible to maintain the same coordinates ?

My guess is that VMD does some re-orientation/centering at startup ?
Maybe it is sufficient to suppress that for my purpose .. but I haven't
yet found out how to do this.

Or is there any other scaling factor/pitfall involved ?

Thanks in advance,

  Marc Baaden