From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2007 - 11:02:52 CST

Hi Santanu,
in addition to Axel's suggestions, you should have a look at the
"stream" directory that comes with the charmm forcefield distribution;
this directory contains many small molecules which were used as
fragments in parameterizing the complete forcefield. The file containing
protein model compounds has many alkane entries in it.
Best,
Peter