From: Mark Zottola - Contractor (mzottola_at_arl.army.mil)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 14:59:33 CST

I am trying to use VMD for a visualization project here. I am using AMBER
to generate a dynamics trajectory. AMBER produces a .crd file containing
the coordinates of the system at each time step sampled (sampling every 25
fs on a rather long simulation). It turns out that VMD will not read the
file because AMBER's idea of crd and VMD's idea of crd are two different
things.

Now I would LIKE to visualize the trajectory using VMD. Is there any way I
can massage my CRD file to make it readable to VMD or is there a relatively
easily obtained CRD to DCD converter out there?

This is, unfortunately a "time is of the essence" request, so quick replies
are deeply appreciated.
Dr. Mark A. Zottola
PET Director of Computational Chemistry and Materials
Army Research Laboratory MSRC
PB 191 939-I Beards Hill Road
Aberdeen MD 21001
VOICE: 410 278 7250 FAX: 410 297 9521