From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 17:25:50 CDT

Hi,
  Have you gone through any of the VMD/NAMD tutorials? If you know
the transformation you want to apply to the protein, you can use
atom selections and '$sel move' commands and their many variants, to
perform rotations, translations, and other operations on the structure.
The NAMD structure building tutorials should have more useful examples on
this specific type of work, even though much of the building is done
within VMD:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/