From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 21:29:12 CDT

Hi,
  Can you try running it but making sure that you use the a directory
without any spaces in the filenames as your work area? The error you're
getting typically relates to problems with spaces in filenames or directory
names. Give that a try and let me know if you're still having problems.
I've made changes for the next release of VMD that should help eliminate
these problems.