From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 15:34:12 CDT

Hi,
  I suspect that neither XWIN32 or XDeep support OpenGL, and this is
likely the root of your problem. You'll either need an X-Windows
emulator that supports full OpenGL, or you'll have to run the normal
Windows versions of VMD. You could also boot your system into Linux
with a LiveCD and skip the problems with Windows altogether, if you
prefer the full Unix experience.