From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 15:24:04 CDT

Nicolas,
  You cannot presently modify the bond determination criteria on-the-fly,
but you can interactively edit the bonds and cause VMD to re-analyze
the structure on-the-fly. You could also use psfgen or autopsf to
build a complete structure and load a PSF with your PDB which would
more permanently address the issue. I plan to add some features that'll
allow more flexible automatic bond determination criteria soon in support
of people that work with very unusual structures that combine
silicon nanodevices and biological molecules, that would likely
help in cases like yours as well.