From: Θωμας Ευαγγελιδης (te8624_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 14:57:11 CDT

Hi,
I am using bigdcd in my code to exec a computational demanding proc for every
frame of my trajectory. After that proc there is a piece of code, which is
executed in the global namespace, and analyzes the results of that proc. My
problem is that VMD seems to execute that piece of code before it finishes with
the preceding proc. I have read somewhere in the archives that bigdcd is
executed in the background, so I split the script into 2 parts, the first
includes the proc and the other one the following piece of code. I ran those
parts separately and everything worked fine.
Now I need to run them both using the same script. I tried vwait, after idle
{quit} (as mentioned in the archives) but nothing worked. What I want to do is
very simple:
-Execute the proc using bigdcd
-wait until the execution of the proc is finished
-run the following code in the global namespace.
I would appreciate any help.
thanks,
Thomas Evangelidis