From: dimka (newyorkdimka_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 17:50:52 CDT

Hello!

I'm having trouble having my VMD-generated trajectories (Linux, AMD64)
not read by other programs like charmm or simulaid. (is anybody else
having the same problem?)

Can anybody point me to a fortran routine that reads VMD-generated dcd
files? If not maybe there's a where there are exact
specifications/format to vmd-written DCD files. So far I've found
only this two links that seem to conflict:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/dcdplugin.html
and a c routine sent by JS in this thread:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/5305.html

According the dcdplugin.html, NTITLE is integer*2 (FORTRAN), while the
C code defines 'int NTITLE;'

is integer*2 in FORTRAN is the same as 'int NTITLE' in C?