From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 10:51:34 CST

Hi Marc,
  Yes, the "SideBySide" and "Crossed Eye" modes have been swapped.
This corrects a historic bug in the VMD code that had them reversed.
The detailed answer is:
  side-by-side now shows the Left eye on the Left side, and vice-versa,
  and crossed now shows the Left eye on the Right side, and vide-versa.

They used to be the other way around.
The functionality hasn't changed, only that they are now more
correctly labeled, as this has been broken / confusing for some time.

Thanks,