From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 11:50:55 CDT

Hi Cesar,
this is a good (and important) question. When NAMD calculates pair
interactions, it *only* takes into account the atoms which are members
of the pair interaction selections, so the forces you obtain from it on
the interactions between two sections of solute should be regarded as
the forces in vacuum, and interpreted accordingly. You'd have to include
some section of solvent in your pair interaction calculations to get its
effect included.
Best,
Peter