From: Θωμας Ευαγγελιδης (te8624_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 15:52:50 CDT

Axel,
what you proposed was my first attempt and was extremely slow. Now I am working
with successive "within $R of protein" commands and reduce $R in each step (or
increase it if the number of atoms caught at first is higher that that of the
first frame). When the number of selected atoms becomes lower than that of
frame1 then I find the redundant atoms and calculate the distances for each of
them.
In fact the original concept was to create smaller dcd files from bigger ones
and facilitate their transfer, but at the moment the program produces pdb files
,one for each frame. I will check tommorow the plugins you indicated and come
with an answer later.
thanks for your help,
Thomas