From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:41:11 CST

Hi David,
  Thanks for the suggestion, we'll see what we can do regarding better
mouse configurability. This is actually a problem at the moment since there
are now people using VMD on MacOS X where people typically use 1-button mice,
so we have a range of hardware we have to figure out how to support well.
The best thing would be for us to make the mouse behavior configurable,
as no single set of default behaviors pleases everyone, but so far we haven't
had time to tackle that problem. Charles Schwieters also gave us some mose
handling patches previously, and we've had the same problem integrating
those into the code. If there's time, we'll take a look at doing something
about the mouse and multiple behaviors for VMD 1.8, but I can't make any
promises at the moment. As it is we're pressed for time and its hard to
actually code and help the user community at the same time. :)

Thanks,