From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:14:14 CST

Hi Stef,
  I'm not presently aware of a way to do what you're asking in VMD.
You can list all of the VMD keyboard shortcusts with the command
"user print keys".
And of course you can define your own or redefine the ones that
come with VMD to do whatever you like, using the "user add key"
command.

For the xmgr vs. xmgrace default command, you can either make a symlink
in your path from xmgr to xmgrace, or you can change the default graphing
command in the GUI. I don't think there's presently a way to specify an
alternate default in the .vmdrc file, but this is something we can probably
add.

These are the default key combinations in VMD, and they should be
the same as for previous versions, I don't think we've changed any of them:
vmd > user print keys
Info) Keyboard shortcuts:
Info) -------------------
Info) 'j' : rotate x by 2
Info) 'k' : rotate x by -2
Info) 'l' : rotate y by 2
Info) 'h' : rotate y by -2
Info) 'g' : rotate z by 2
Info) 'G' : rotate z by -2
Info) 'Control-n' : rotate x by 2
Info) 'Control-p' : rotate x by -2
Info) 'Control-f' : rotate y by 2
Info) 'Control-b' : rotate y by -2
Info) 'Control-a' : scale by 1.1
Info) 'Control-z' : scale by 0.9
Info) 'Alt-q' : quit confirm
Info) 'Alt-Q' : quit
Info) 'Alt-M' : menu main off ; menu main on
Info) 'Alt-m' : menu mol off ; menu mol on
Info) 'Alt-f' : menu files off ; menu files on
Info) 'Alt-a' : menu animate off; menu animate on
Info) 'Alt-e' : menu edit off; menu edit on
Info) 'Alt-g' : menu graphics off ; menu graphics on
Info) 'Alt-l' : menu labels off ; menu labels on
Info) 'Alt-r' : menu render off ; menu render on
Info) 'Alt-d' : menu display off ; menu display on
Info) 'Alt-c' : menu color off ; menu color on
Info) 'Alt-s' : menu sim off; menu sim on
Info) 'Alt-t' : menu tracker off; menu tracker on
Info) 'Control-r' : display resetview
Info) 'r' : mouse mode 0 0
Info) 't' : mouse mode 1 0
Info) 's' : mouse mode 2 0