From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 15:56:18 CST

Hi Marc,
  It sounds like what you want to do could be done by doing a
best-fit alignment on a subset of the atoms. There's an example
of how do this in the VMD User's Guide:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node185.html

I'm not sure what you're second question about "proper lighting" is
referring to, so I'll wait to answer that until you determine if the
best-fit alignment feature above does in fact solve your problem.

Thanks,