From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 09:49:31 CST

Hi Vlad,
  VMD uses the program Stride to calculate secondary structure.
The reference for Stride is printed in VMD when you use the "cartoon"
rep, or the sequence viewer:

Info) In any publication of scientific results based in part or
Info) completely on the use of the program STRIDE, please reference:
Info) Frishman,D & Argos,P. (1995) Knowledge-based secondary structure
Info) assignment. Proteins: structure, function and genetics, 23, 566-579.

Thanks,