From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 19:46:12 CST

Hi,
  Have you seen this script in the VMD script library, it
does most of what you have in mind, though it doesn't have
1 second intervals or anything like that exactly:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/vmdcollab/

Give that a try and let us know if you need help modifying it for
your purpose.

  John