From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 10:07:15 CDT

Hi Marc,
  Not all of the NVidia cards behave the same way with respect to
antialiasing. The GeForce 3 seems to behave more like a real workstation,
in that it allows you to enable or disable antialiasing on the fly.
The GeForce 2 and the MX series are less dynamic, they only seem to
enable antialiasing if you set environment variables prior to starting
VMD, and then once enabled, they do not allow VMD to turn it back off.
This appears to be something about the way their hardware or drivers
work. Anyway, if you read the NVidia driver README file, they describe
the environment variables you need to set to turn on antialiasing, the
values are card-specific, so you'll need to look up the value that
corresponds to the right mode for your card.

Thanks,