From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 10:22:41 CDT

Dear Dmitry,
  We have fixed the bug you've run into already, and I can provide
you with a newer test version that will work correctly for XTC files.
I hope to release an even newer test version on the web site soon, but
we've been finding lots of little bugs in our most recent code, so
perhaps the best thing to do would be for me to provide you with
1.8 alpha 27, which works pretty well in most respects. Let me
know if you wish to try that version and I can make it available
to you on FTP.

Thanks,