From: Surjit Dixit (sdixit_at_wesleyan.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 14:35:46 CDT

Hi,
I have a CD with a trajectory and parameter topology file (AMBER format)
burnt on a Windows machine.
I am able to view this trajectory with VMD on Windows machines but VMD
on linux crashes when I
try to read these files. ptraj, another program in Amber suite also has
problems reading these files, so something
is surely wrong with the file.
Both of these are text files.
If I copy(ftp) these same files from the linux machine to another
windows machine, VMD reads the files neatly
on windows. I am able to read this files with vi editor on the linux
machine and both of them look normal. I thought it might be
something to do with the end of line problem because of the dos->unix
movement but but viewing it in vi, I am not able
to detect anything abnormal about these files.
I know this is not a VMD problem, but thought somebody on the list might
have some ideas about the source of such
a problem. I am running out of ideas and would appreciate any help.
Thanks for your time.
Best regards,
Surjit